What to Bring to Your Certified Naturalist Training Course
The following list should help you pack. Please bring:
1) Bedding, sleeping bag, pillows, towels, and toiletries (an extra blanket is a good idea)
2) Camera, binoculars, insect repellent, sun screen, a flashlight, and a water bottle
3) Rain gear and clothing for temperatures ranging from 40 to 80 degrees (layers are good)
4) Footwear for mud, hiking, and indoor use
6) A cushion (optional) - chairs at Arnot Forest Lodge are hard
7) Your favorite field guides
Cell phone reception is poor at the Arnot. If you need to be reached in an emergency (true emergencies only please) call (607)589-7530 (Director’s residence). Outgoing calls can be made from the Lodge using a calling card.
Return to the Master Naturalist training page.